Saturday 19 May 2012

Artist Statement:

When I was young my mum and dad often took me to steam fairs, I was always overwhelmed by how big and impressive the steam engines were and still the sights, smells and sounds of steam engines remind me of those great times when I was young.
My love for large visually impressive things has become a recurring theme within my life as especially since living in Hereford I have grown to like neo-gothic architecture especially the cathedral and back home in Yorkshire I have always been fond of the city of york and its minster.
The visual strength and presence created by both steam engines and neo- gothic architecture such as cathedrals has been a constant inspiration to my style of work. I combine these with the natural plasticity of hot forged steel to produce large contemporary pieces of metal work.

No comments:

Post a Comment